linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.

Below are questions I would like answers too. I tried them

Customer Question

Below are questions I would like answers too. I tried them myself, with little success. If you could, could you please provide a simple explanation as well as to how you came do the answer. Thank you.

Module1 -

PoshNails

Katie Posh runs an upscale nail salon.The service process includes five activities that
are conducted in the sequence described below.(The time required for each activity is shown in parentheses):

Activity1: Welcome guest.(1minute)
Activity2: Clip and file nails.(3minutes)
Activity3:Paint.(5minutes)
Activity4: Dry.(10minutes)
Activity5:Checkout thecustomer.(4minutes)
Three servers(S1,S2,andS3)offer the services in worker-­-paced line.The assignment of tasks to servers is the following:
S1 does Activity1.
S2 does Activities 2 and 3.
S3 does Activities 4 and 5.
The drying process does not require server3’s constant attention; she/he needs to only escort the customer to the salon’s drying chair (equipped with fans for drying).
The time to do this is negligible.There exists only one drying chair in the salon.
PN1.Which resource is the bottleneck of the process?
PN2.What is the utilization ofserver2? Assume that there is unlimited demand and that
The process only admits customers at the rate of the bottleneck.

PN3.What is the average labor utilization of the servers? Assume that there is unlimited demand and that the process only admits customers at the rate of the bottleneck.
PN4.Assumewagerateof $12perhour.What are the direct labor costs for one customer?

Butternut

BN1.Butternut is ski resort in Massachusetts .One of their triple chair lifts unloads 1296 skiers per hour at the top of the slope.(A triple chairlift can carry three passengers per chair.)The ride from the bottom to the top takes 5 minutes. How many skiers are riding on the lift at any one time?

TechCo.

TechCompany is medium-­sized consumer electronics retailer. The company reported $155,000,000 in revenues for 200 and $110,050,000 in Costs of Goods Sold (COGS).In the same year,TechCo.held an average of $20,000,000 in inventory.

TC1. How many times did TechCo.turn its inventory in 2007?
TC2.Inventory cost at TechCo.is 35 percent per year. What is the per unit inventory cost for an MP3 player sold at $50? Assume that the margin corresponds to the retailer’s average margin.

GamerCo.

The Gamer Company is a video game production company that specializes in educational video games for kids.The company’s R&D department is always looking for great ideas for new games. On average, the R&D department generates about 25 new ideas a week.To go from idea
To approved product, the idea must pass through the following stages: paper screening(a 1-­-page document describing the idea and giving rough sketch of the design),prototype development,testing, and focus group. At the end of each stage,successful ideas enter the next stage. All other ideas are dropped. The following chart depicts this process, and the probability of succeeding at each stage.

Paper Screening
Design & Development
Testing
Focus Group
Final Destination

The paper screening for each idea takes 2 hours of a staff member’s time. After that, there is a
Stage of designing and producing a prototype. A designer spends 4 hours designing the game in\ a computer--‐aided--‐design (CAD) package. The actual creation of the mock--‐up is outsourced to one Of many suppliers with essentially limitless capacity.
It takes 4daystoget the prototype programmed, and multiple prototypes can be created simultaneously.
A staff member of the testing team needs 2 days to test an idea.
Running the focus group takes 2 hours of a staff member’s time per idea, and only one game is tested in each focus group.Finally,the management
Team meets for 3hours per idea To decide if the game should go into production.

Available working hours for each staff member are 8hours per day, 5days week.The current
Staffing plan is as follows:

A.Paperscreening: 3staffmembers.
B.Design and Production: 4 staff members.
CTesting:6 staff members.
D.FocusGroup:1staffmember.
E.Final Decision:1management team.

GC1.How many new ideas would GamerCo. Approve for production per week if it
Had unlimited capacity(staff) in its R&D process?
GC2.Whichstageisthebottleneckaccordingtothecurrent
Staffing plan?
GC3.With the current
Staffing plan,how many new ideas will be put into production per week?
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. Please let me know and I will assist further. Thank you!

Best,

Angela
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I can continue to wait. Thank you.

Thank you for your patience while we search for a professional to assist you.
We appreciate your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Best,

Angela

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

If you could, could you please continue searching. Thank you!

Thank you for your patience while we search for a professional to assist you. I have marked your question high priority and you will receive an email notification as soon as you have a new reply.
Thank you for your continued patience. I have marked your question high priority and you will receive an email notification as soon as you have a new reply.

Best,

Angela
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

If questions isn't answered by 9 OCT 1200PM EST, could you please close out the question? Thank you.

Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 9 months ago.
Hello, my name is Greg and I am one of the homework professionals. The moderator let me know that you were still seeking assistance and I see it has been a while since your question was posted. I want to try to assist on this question if at all possible (even if with a resource that might be beneficial if I cannot answer the complete question).

The information you have posted does not show the proper formatting needed for the question and it would be beneficial for me to view the original assignment file if that is possible.

You can upload using a file sharing site such as mediafire.com or wikisend.com and share the link here.

Also, be sure to let me know the deadline to get the resource returned to you.

Here are the steps to use wikisend as it is the easiest and does not require an account. We are not able to get things by email (unfortunately)

1. Go to www.wikisend.com
2. Click on the "Browse" Button
3. Find the file on your computer and select it - this will place the link in the box on the site.
4. Click on "Upload File"
5. This will then open a new window.
6. You will see a box that says "Download Link" - Copy and Paste that weblink in the box here for me.

I can then open your file onto my computer.

You can repeat this for each of the files. Place all the link into one reply box here and then I can open any of the documents.

This will ensure I get the materials quickly.

Thanks and I look forward to trying to assist on this question.