linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.

For Linda_Uss

For Linda_Us's
Thanks for requesting me. Please post your questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1. (TCO D) A stock just paid a dividend of D0 = $1.50. The required rate of return is rs = 10.1%, and the constant growth rate is g = 4.0%. What is the current stock price? (Points : 10)

2. (TCO D) If D1 = $1.25, g (which is constant) = 5.5%, and P0 = $44, what is the stock’s expected total return for the coming year? (Points : 10)

3. (TCO D) Molen Inc. has an outstanding issue of perpetual preferred stock with an annual dividend of $7.50 per share. If the required return on this preferred stock is 6.5%, at what price should the preferred stock sell? (Points : 10)

4. (TCO E) Which of the following is NOT a capital component when calculating the weighted average cost of capital (WACC) for use in capital budgeting? (Points : 10)

Long-term debt
Accounts payable
Retained earnings
Common stock
Preferred stock

5. (TCO E) The MacMillen Company has equal amounts of low-risk, average-risk, and high-risk projects. The firm's overall WACC is 12%. The CFO believes that this is the correct WACC for the company’s average-risk projects, but that a lower rate should be used for lower-risk projects and a higher rate for higher-risk projects. The CEO disagrees, on the grounds that even though projects have different risks, the WACC used to evaluate each project should be the same because the company obtains capital for all projects from the same sources. If the CEO’s position is accepted, what is likely to happen over time?(Points : 10)

The company will take on too many high-risk projects and reject too many low-risk projects.
The company will take on too many low-risk projects and reject too many high-risk projects.
Things will generally even out over time, and, therefore, the firm’s risk should remain constant over time.
The company’s overall WACC should decrease over time because its stock price should be increasing.
The CEO’s recommendation would maximize the firm’s intrinsic value.

6. (TCO D) Scanlon Inc.'s CFO hired you as a consultant to help her estimate the cost of capital. You have been provided with the following data: rRF = 4.10%; RPM = 5.25%; and b = 1.30. Based on the CAPM approach, what is the cost of common from retained earnings? (Points : 10)

7. (TCO F) Cornell Enterprises is considering a project that has the following cash flow and WACC data. What is the project's NPV? Note that a project's expected NPV can be negative, in which case it will be rejected.

WACC: 10.00%
Year 0 1 2 3
Cash flows -$1,050 $450 $460 $470
(Points : 10)

$ 92.37
$ 96.99

8. (TCO F) Maxwell Feed & Seed is considering a project that has the following cash flow data. What is the project's IRR? Note that a project's IRR can be less than the WACC (and even negative), in which case it will be rejected.

Year 0 1 2 3 4 5
Cash flows -$9,500 $2,000 $2,025 $2,050 $2,075 $2,100
(Points : 10)

9. (TCO F) Fernando Designs is considering a project that has the following cash flow and WACC data. What is the project's discounted payback?

WACC: 10.00%
Year 0 1 2 3
Cash flows -$900 $500 $500 $500
(Points : 10)

1.88 years
2.09 years
2.29 years
2.52 years
2.78 years

10. (TCO H) TexMex Food Company is considering a new salsa whose data are shown below. The equipment to be used would be depreciated by the straight-line method over its three-year life and would have a zero salvage value, and no new working capital would be required. Revenues and other operating costs are expected to be constant over the project’s three-year life. However, this project would compete with other TexMex products and would reduce their pre-tax annual cash flows. What is the project’s NPV? (Hint: Cash flows are constant in years 1-3.)

Pre-tax cash flow reduction for other products (cannibalization)
Investment cost (depreciable basis)
Straight-line deprec. rate
Sales revenues, each year for three years
Annual operating costs (excl. deprec.)
Tax rate

a. $3,636
b. $3,828
c. $4,019
d. $4,220
e. $4,431

Indicate your choice for your answer - a,b,c,d,e first and then show your work/explain your answer so as to earn partial credit in the event you selected the incorrect answer.

(Points : 10)

Time Remaining:
Working on it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank U Linda. I have another assessment 10/19 sat. Please have some time available.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Sure, We can setup some time for that day.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Linda,

I just to confirm our appointment on 10/19 Sat. I am thinking around 10am?

That is good for me.

We will just re-confirm the same on Friday as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

alright sounds good. Enjoy rest of your sunday

Take care.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Linda,

are you ready for my time assessment?

I am currently out as my son got ill. When I get back I will let you know. Sorry about that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh so sorry to hear that.

We can set up a time for a evening if you will be back by then.

Thanks for understanding.

Do you want to meet at 9 PM EST tonight?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi can we do it tomorrow morning if u do not mind?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sounds good i am confirming. Plz confirm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

See you tomorrow

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi linda U there?

Yes I am here but this reply was not received by me for some reason.

I just came to this post to inquire and saw your post. Shall we start now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i am ready whenever u are?

I am. Please post your questions.