F. Naz
F. Naz, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Have completed B.COM and CA Finalist
20040807

FINANCE HELP!

Customer Question

Hi. I have a four hour exam for my online finance class. The class is called Foundations of Financial Management-FINC510. It is really important that when I start this exam I can not stop it so I cannot pause it all and I really need help with it.  Please someone please help me throughout it!  I need to do very well on this exam! Can anyone please help me???

Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

MJA1415 :

Please provide data as after having data the fair price can be given accordingly, thanks.

Customer :

Once I log in I would not be able to pause the exam so I was just inquiring if you would be able to help me with it? The class is called Foundations of Financial Management.

Customer :

The first half is 14 multiple choices. And the second half is 18 fill in the bank problems.

Customer :

blank*

MJA1415 :

Okay provide me the data, if it would be lengthy you may add bonus to it thanks.

Customer :

I am given an hour for the 14 multiple choice questions. And three hours for the 18 fill in the blank.

MJA1415 :

Okay provide the data thanks.

Customer :

Ok I will.

Customer :
Which of the following statements is CORRECT?

a. If the underlying stock does not pay a dividend, it does not make good economic sense to exercise a call option prior to its expiration date, even if this would yield an immediate profit.

b. Call options generally sell at a price below their exercise value, and the lower the exercise value, the lower the premium on the option is likely to be.

c. Because of the put-call parity relationship, under equilibrium conditions a put option on a stock must sell at exactly the same price as a call option on the stock.

d. Call options generally sell at a price below their exercise value, and the greater the exercise value, the lower the premium on the option is likely to be.

e. Call options generally sell at a price greater than their exercise value, and the greater the exercise value, the higher the premium on the option is likely to be.

Customer :
Other things held constant, which of the following actions would increase the amount of cash on a company's balance sheet?

a. The company gives customers more time to pay their bills.

b. The company pays a dividend.

c. The company issues new common stock.

d. The company repurchases common stock.

e. The company purchases a new piece of equipment.

Customer :

a. Hedge funds have more in common with investment banks than with any other type of financial institution.

b. Hedge funds are legal in Europe and Asia, but they are not permitted to operate in the United States.

c. Hedge funds are legal in the United States, but they are not permitted to operate in Europe or Asia.

d. The justification for the "light" regulation of hedge funds is that only "sophisticated" investors with high net worths and high incomes are permitted to invest in these funds, and such investors supposedly can do the necessary "due diligence" on their own rather than have it done by the SEC or some other regulator.

e. Hedge funds have more in common with commercial banks than with any other type of financial institution.

Customer :

a. The more depreciation a firm has in a given year, the higher its EPS, other things held constant.

b. If a firm is more profitable than average (e.g., Google), we would normally expect to see its stock price exceed its book value per share.

c. If a firm is more profitable than most other firms, we would normally expect to see its book value per share exceed its stock price, especially after several years of high inflation.

d. Typically, a firm's EBIT should exceed its EBITDA.

e. Typically, a firm's DPS should exceed its EPS.

Customer :
Other things held constant, the value of an option depends on the stock's price, the risk-free rate, and the

a. Variability of the stock price.

b. Strike price.

c. Option's time to maturity.

d. All of these.

e. None of these.

Customer :

a. On an expected yield basis, the expected capital gains yield will always be positive because an investor would not purchase a bond with an expected capital loss.

b. The yield to maturity on a coupon bond that sells at its par value consists entirely of a current interest yield; it has a zero expected capital gains yield.

c. Rising inflation makes the actual yield to maturity on a bond greater than a quoted yield to maturity that is based on market prices.

d. The yield to maturity for a coupon bond that sells at a premium consists entirely of a positive capital gains yield; it has a zero current interest yield.

e. The market value of a bond will always approach its par value as its maturity date approaches. This holds true even if the firm has filed for bankruptcy.

Customer :

a. If Disney issues additional shares of common stock through an investment banker, this would be a secondary market transaction.

b. Only institutions, and not individuals, can participate in derivatives market transactions.

c. If you purchased 100 shares of Disney stock from your brother-in-law, this would be an example of a primary market transaction.

d. The IPO market is a subset of the secondary market.

e. As they are generally defined, money market transactions involve debt securities with maturities of less than one year.

Customer :
Which of the following statements best describes what you should expect if you randomly select stocks and add them to your portfolio?

a. Adding more such stocks will reduce the portfolio's unsystematic, or diversifiable, risk.

b. Adding more such stocks will increase the portfolio's expected rate of return.

c. Adding more such stocks will have no effect on the portfolio's risk.

d. Adding more such stocks will reduce the portfolio's market risk but not its unsystematic risk.

e. Adding more such stocks will reduce the portfolio's beta coefficient and thus its systematic risk.

Customer :

a. Relative to a coupon-bearing bond with the same maturity, a zero coupon bond has more interest rate price risk but less reinvestment rate risk.

b. Long-term bonds have less interest rate price risk and also less reinvestment rate risk than short-term bonds.

c. If interest rates increase, all bond prices will increase, but the increase will be greater for bonds that have less interest rate risk.

d. Long-term bonds have less interest rate price risk but more reinvestment rate risk than short-term bonds.

e. One advantage of a zero coupon Treasury bond is that no one who owns the bond has to pay any taxes on it until it matures or is sold.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
The person that answered my question was willing to help me and asked me to send him the data, but while I was sending him the data, he exited the conversation without saying a word that he was unable to help me. Personally I find that unprofessional in every way!
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

I have done it, as I had started immediately and got involved in answering it therefore could not reply, as I had already told you that I will do it, thanks.

Click here for solution

Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Please send the fill in the blank as separate question as the level of difficulty is too high, thanks.