Bizhelp
Bizhelp, Accountant
Experience:  BA degree and Certified Public Accountant
23848519

16) The first step in market segmentation should be A.

Customer Question

16) The first step in market segmentation should be

A. deciding what new product you could develop
B. evaluating what segments you currently serve
C. finding a demographic group likely to use your products
D. defining some broad product-markets where you may be able to operate profitably

17) The product life cycle

A. describes the stages a new product idea goes through from beginning to end
B. has three major stages
C. applies to categories or types of products as opposed to brands
D. shows that sales and profits tend to move together over time

18) Which of the following is one of the product life cycle stages?

A. Market analysis
B. Market growth
C. Market feedback
D. Market research

19) While watching a television program, Liza gets a phone call just as a commercial is starting. She presses the mute button on the television's remote control and takes the call, so she pays no attention to the commercial. In terms of the communication process, the telephone call is an example of what?

A. Encoding
B. Noise
C. Decoding
D. Feedback

20) Which of the following functions are performed by wholesalers in the channel of distribution?

A. Providing information to retailers
B. Placing radio advertisements for retailers
C. Placing newspaper advertisements for retailers
D. Providing goals for retailers
21) Typically the ______________ and the marketing manager are responsible for building good distribution channels and implementing place policies.

A. public relations manager
B. sales manager
C. advertising manager
D. human resources manager

22) SGCA is having a sales contest to encourage retailers to quickly reduce the inventory of SuperGamer computers. Retailers with the highest sales during the next month win an expense paid trip to a special dealer meeting at a resort in Hawaii. This is

A. probably illegal because it might encourage price competition among retailers
B. an example of cooperative advertising
C. the type of promotion that continues to impact sales even after the promotion is over
D. an example of a manufacturer using trade sales promotion in the channel

23) Advertising allowances

A. are incentive monies given to firms further along in the channel to encourage them to advertise or otherwise promote the firm's products
B. involve intermediaries and producers sharing in the cost of ads
C. allow for coordination and integration of ad messages in the channel
D. set the allowance amount as a percent of the retailer's actual purchases

24) Price reductions given to channel members to encourage them to promote or otherwise promote a firm's products locally are

A. quantity discounts
B. brokerage allowances
C. push money allowances
D. advertising allowances

25) A producer using very aggressive promotion to get final consumers to ask intermediaries for a new product has

A. a pulling policy
B. a target marketing policy
C. a selective distribution policy
D. a pushing policy

26) Nantucket Hammocks, Inc., uses dealer incentives, discounts, and sales contests in order to encourage retailers to give special attention to selling its products. Nantucket Hammocks is using

A. exclusive distribution
B. a corporate channel system
C. dual distribution
D. pushing

27) Quality Ceramic, Inc., (QCI) defined five submarkets within its broad product-market. To obtain some economies of scale, QCI decided NOT to offer each of the submarkets a different marketing mix. Instead, it selected two submarkets whose needs are fairly similar, and is counting on promotion and minor product differences to make its one basic marketing mix appeal to both submarkets. QCI is using the

A. combined target market approach
B. single target market approach
C. multiple target market approach
D. mass marketing approach

28) When segmenting broad product-markets, cost considerations tend

A. to encourage managers to disregard the criterion that a product-market segment should be substantial
B. to lead to more aggregating
C. to be unimportant as long as the segmenting dimensions are operational
D. to lead to a large number of small, but very homogeneous, product-market segments

29) ______________ focuses on introducing new products to existing markets.

A. Market development
B. Product development
C. Diversification
D. Market penetration

30) When a company grows globally by introducing existing product lines to new markets, this is an example of what?

A. Market development
B. Product development
C. Diversification
D. Market penetration
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the questions.

Please click here to download the answers.

Hope this helps!

If you would like to request me for future posts, please put 'For Bizhelp' at the beginning of them.