BusinessTutor
BusinessTutor, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Working towards my MBA degree in Finance (Completed the Foundation Classes with a GPA 4.0)

1. Indiana Co. began a construction project in 2006 that will

1. Indiana Co. began a construction project in 2006 that will provide it $150 million when it is completed in 2008. During 2006, Indiana incurred $36 million of costs and estimates an additional $84 million of costs to complete the project.
Suppose that, in 2007, Indiana incurred costs of $63.75 million and estimated an additional $42.75 million in costs to complete the project. Using the percentage-of-completion method, Indiana: (Points : 1)
Recognized $3.75 million loss on the project in 2007.
Recognized $5.25 million gross profit on the project in 2007.
Recognized $7.5 million gross profit on the project in 2007.
None of the above is correct

5. The FASB's stated preference for reporting operating cash flows is the: (Points : 1)
Indirect method.
Direct method.
Working capital method.
All financial resources method.

9. Indiana Co. began a construction project in 2006 that will provide it $150 million when it is completed in 2008. During 2006, Indiana incurred $36 million of costs and estimates an additional $84 million of costs to complete the project.
In 2007, Indiana incurred costs of $58.5 million and estimated an additional $40.5 million in costs to complete the project. Using the percentage-of-completion method, Indiana: (Points : 1)
Recognized $15 million gross profit on the project in 2007.
Recognized $13.5 million gross profit on the project in 2007.
Recognized $6 million gross profit on the project in 2007.
Recognized $1.5 million gross profit on the project in 2007.
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  BusinessTutor replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Please click on the following link to download the solutions:

https://www.box.com/s/p6a4tgzw77ncf0akqbcx

P.S. If you like my services, please feel free to direct your future posts to me specifically by typing "For BusinessTutor" at the beginning of your post. Should you choose to do this, please try to allow me 48 hours before the deadline. If you need to meet me online for a timed assignment, please advise me of the date and time (EST) you want me to meet you here and I will. Please make sure you take the length (and number) of the questions into consideration when making your offer to avoid delays in providing solutions.

Thank you

BusinessTutor, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: Working towards my MBA degree in Finance (Completed the Foundation Classes with a GPA 4.0)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can not open hyperlink to answers. Please advise

The link is working fine, I am not sure why you cannot open it, do you have popups blocked?

In any case, here are the solutions:

• 1. Indiana Co. began a construction project in 2006 that will provide it $150 million when it is completed in 2008. During 2006, Indiana incurred $36 million of costs and estimates an additional $84 million of costs to complete the project.
    None of the above is correct

Indirect method.
Direct method.
Working capital method.
All financial resources method.

Regards,