David L.
David L., Business Professional
Experience:  Over 20 Years experience in business both as a business owner and manager.
13852270

Public goods have two distinguishing characteristics: nonrivalry

Public goods have two distinguishing characteristics: nonrivalry and nonexcludability. These two characteristics contribute to what is known as the “free-rider problem.”

Provide an example of a public good. Explain why it qualifies as a public good.

Using this example, explain why the above characteristics of a public good result in a “free-rider” problem.

Now discuss how such a “free-rider” problem results in inefficiencies in the market and why government intervention is sometimes necessary to address the results of such inefficiencies. Include in your discussion, a specific example of how the government addresses this issue.

By Tuesday, August 14, 2012, submit your answer to the M7: Assignment 2 Dropbox. All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.

Assignment 2 Grading Criteria

Provided an accurate example of a public good and explained why it qualified as such.

Explained how the characteristics of a public good result in a “free-rider” problem.

Discuss how a “free-rider” problem results in inefficiencies in the market and why government intervention is sometimes necessary to address the results of such inefficiencies.

Included a specific example of how the government addresses the problems associated with inefficiencies in the market.

Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources, displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

Thank you for requesting me.

Is there a length or format requirement?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
David,
It has to be in APA style and there is no length requirement. Thank you for the response and help.

Adam
Ok thanks. I will start work on it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Great, thank you very much!
Your welcome Smile
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey David, I just got a message from justanswer.com saying my question was not able to be answered. Just curious what was going on with that? Thank you

Adam
Hi Adam,

I am still working on your question.

Occassionally the Just Answer system will send out an automated message that you just received if there has been inactivity. When you receive one of those messages, just response in the question thread to keep the thread open and prevent receiving more of the same messages.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
David,
I understand, thank you very much for the response. Take care,

Ada
Ok thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you have an estimate on when you will have this done? Thank you,

Adam

Please click the link below to download the document:

click here

Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

David,

Looks great, thank you very much for all the help.

Adam

Glad I could help and thanks.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just posted another question if you have time

I will check and let you know.