Finley
Finley, Professor
Experience:  MBA, College Professor, Researcher, Writer
39421164

16. Marginal probability is also called (Points : 4)

Customer Question

Simple probability
Conditional probability
Joint probability
Bayes' theorem

17. If n = 10 and p = 0.70, then the standard deviation of the binomial distribution is (Points : 4)
0.07
1.45
7.00
14.29

18. In its standardized form, the normal distribution (Points : 4)
has a mean of 0 and a standard diviation of 1.
has a mean of 1 and a variance of 0.
has an area equal to .05
cannot be used to aprroximate discrete probability distribution.

19. The “empirical rule” for the bell-shaped curve states that the percentage of data points falling within three standard deviations away from the mean is 99.7% (Points : 4)
True
False

20. Distribution 1 is a skewed distribution and Distribution 2 is a symmetric distribution (not Normal distribution). Similar sample sizes will be required for the sample mean of random samples from the two distributions to have an approximate Normal distribution. (Points : 4)
True
False

21. The null hypothesis Ho always contains an equal sign (Points : 4)
True
False

22. If we know that the length of time it takes a college student to find a parking spot in the library parking lot follows a normal distribution with a mean of 3.5 minutes and a standard deviation of 1 minute, find the probability that a randomly selected college student will find a parking spot in the library parking lot in less than 3 minutes. (Points : 4)
0.3551
0.3085
0.2674
0.1915

23. If we know that the length of time it takes a college student to find a parking spot in the library parking lot follows a normal distribution with a mean of 3.5 minutes and a standard deviation of 1 minute, find the point in the distiribution that 75.8% of the college students exceed when trying to find a parking spot in the library parling lot. (Points : 4)
2.8 minutes
3.2 minutes
3.4 minutes
4.2 minutes

24. The fact that the sample means are less variable than the population data can be observed form the standard error of the mean. (Points : 4)
True
False

25. In left-skewed distribution, the median is (Points : 4)
equal to the mean
greater than the mean
less than the mean
none of the above
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  Finley replied 2 years ago.
16. Simple probability

17. 1.45

18. has a mean of 0 and a standard deviation of 1.

19. True

20. False

21. True

22. 0.3085

23. 2.8 minutes

24. True

25. greater than the mean
Finley, Professor
Experience: MBA, College Professor, Researcher, Writer