linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

Looking for someone who knows Marketing.

Customer Question

Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  Jabi replied 2 years ago.
Hello dear client,

I can assist you with Marketing assignments please post your assignment so that i can have a look at that, would love to help you if i can.

-Jabi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok. There are a total of 50 multiple choice questions. I will post them here. Part I & II.

Part I.

• 1. Marketing is the process of:

• a. Promoting products through personal selling and advertising to facilitate satisfying exchange relationships.
  • b. Creating, distributing, promoting, and pricing products to facilitate satisfying exchange relationships with customers in a dynamic environment.
  • c. Delivering a standard of living to a society.
  • d. Creating, distributing, and promoting, and pricing goods, services, and ideas to facilitate the achievement of the firm's objectives.

• 2. The marketing concept is a philosophy that states that an organization should try to satisfy the customer's needs and also:

• a. Increasing market share
  • b. Increase sales
  • c. Achieve the organization's goals.
  • d. Produce high-quality products.

• 3. Managers at the Littlefield Corporation are engaged in a complex process of revising their organization's mission and goals and develop corporate strategy, marketing objectives, marketing strategy and, eventually, a marketing plan. This process is called:

• a. Marketing planning
  • b. Strategic planning
  • c. Marketing Strategy
  • d. Strategic business planning

• 4. When the right combination of circumstances occurs at the right time to allow an organization to take action toward a target market, the firm is faced with a:

• a. Market objective
  • b. Market requirement
  • c. Strategic market plan
  • d. Market opportunity

• 5. The employees of Zingerman's Deli are its_______________ customers.

• a. Internal
  • b. Extended
  • c. Intended
  • d. External

• 6. When PepsiCo takes the information collected through research and attempts to assess and interpret what it means for its soft-drink marketing efforts, PepsiCo is engaged in environmental:

• a. Scanning
  • b. Analysis
  • c. Management
  • d. Manipulation

• 7. Companies that compete for the same limited financial resources of the same customers are known as _______________Competitors

• a. Oligopolic
  • b. Product
  • c. Generic
  • d. Total budget

• 8. The strengths of a person's "buying power" depends on economic conditions and:

• a. Level of income
  • b. Size of resources that can be traded in an exchange
  • c. How much a consumer will buy
  • d. A consumer's spending pattern
  • 9. A business that contributes resources to the community to improve the quality of life is taking on a (n)______________ responsibility

• a. Ethical
  • b. Legal
  • c. Cost
  • d. Philanthropic

• 10. A set of values, beliefs, goals, norms, and rituals that members of an organization share is called:

• a. Organization factors
  • b. Company ethos
  • c. Corporate culture
  • d. Ethical environment

• 11. ____________ are formalized rules and standards that describe what a company expects of its employees in terms of ethical behavior.

• a. Job description
  • b. Ethic clauses
  • c. Behavior contracts
  • d. Codes of conduct

• 12. A duty levied by a nation on goods bough outside its borders and brought inside is call a(n):

• a. Embargo.
  • b. Import tariff.
  • c. Quota.
  • d. Export tariff.

• 13. Which of the following is used to help maintain a more favorable balance of trade by a country?
  • a. Limiting imports
  • b. Limiting exports
  • c. Establishing exchange controls
  • d. Increasing gross domestic products

• 14. If The Limited Company relies on hiring a foreign textile manufacturer to produce a designated amount of clothing for its express, Limited, and other stores, it is using:

• a. Exporting
  • b. Franchising
  • c. Contract manufacturing
  • d. A joint venture

• 15. In electronic marketing,___________ allows customers to express their needs and wants directly to firm in response to the firm's marketing communications.

• a. Interactivity
  • b. Addressability
  • c. Accessibility
  • d. Memory

• 16. Electronic marketing strategies involve identifying and analyzing a target market and:

• a. Developing web software
  • b. Creating a marketing mix to satisfy people in that market
  • c. Producing products
  • d. Promoting the website

• 17. Using information about customers to create marketing strategies that develop and sustain desirable long-term customer relationships is known as:

• a. Computer resource management
  • b. Customer resource management
  • c. Customer relationship management
  • d. Customer research management

• 18. In business the markets, individuals or groups purchase products for one of three purposes. These purposes are:

• a. Resale, Wholesale, and direct use
  • b. Wholesale, direct use, and use in producing other products
  • c. Resale, wholesale, and use in producing other products
  • d. Resale, direct use in producing other products, and use in general daily operations.

• 19. Most markets for the products are made up of individuals or groups with diverse needs for products and are called ________ markets.

• a. Undifferentiated
  • b. Heterogeneous
  • c. Homogenous
  • d. Differentiated

• 20. Segmentation variables are usually grouped into four categories:

• a. demographic, geographic, psychographic, and behavioristic
  • b. geopolitical, income, behavioristic, and psychographic.
  • c. Attitudes, lifestyles, behaviors, and gender
  • d. Geographic, demographic, psychographic, and attitudes

• 21. After purchasing a product, postpurchase evaluation may result in cognitive dissonance. Cognitive dissonance is:

• a. The congruence between external and internal searches for product information
  • b. A function of the manner in which the manufacturer of the product describes its attributes
  • c. Doubts that occur because the buy questions whether the decision to purchase the product was right.
  • d. The establishment of criteria for comparing products.

• 22. According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs:

• a. Individuals simultaneously try to satisfy all five levels of needs.
  • b. Self-actualization needs are the most important needs to be met for most individuals.
  • c. Individuals first address needs at the top of the pyramid and then move down to the lower level needs.
  • d. Individuals first satisfy the most basic needs and then try to fulfill needs at the next level up.

• 23. Children often achieve ____________ by observing parents and older siblings in purchase situations and then through their own purchase experiences.

• a. Consumer socialization
  • b. Personality
  • c. Role identification
  • d. Social class

• 24. Individuals and business organizations that purchase products for the purpose of making a profit either by using the products to produce other products or by using them in their operations are classified as ___________ markets.

• a. Consumer
  • b. Institutional
  • c. Producer
  • d. Government

• 25. What is a primary difference between business and consumer buyers?

• a. Consumer buyers require more product information than business buyers
  • b. Business buyers generally make larger orders than consumer buyers.
  • c. Repeat sales are more common with consumer buyers that business buyers.
  • d. Consumers primarily buy inexpensive items; businesses only buy expensive items.

Here is part II.

• 1. In a buying center, purchasing agents or purchasing managers are also known as:

• a. Gatekeepers
  • b. Deciders
  • c. Buyers
  • d. Users

• 2. Which of the following is always used to determine the classification of a good?

• a. Buyer's intent for using the product
  • b. Amount of shopping required by the buyer to obtain the product
  • c. Price of the product
  • d. Specific product features

• 3. The depth of a product mix is measured by the average number of:

• a. Convenience products as compared with the number of specialty products
  • b. Different product lines offered by the company
  • c. Different products offered in each product line
  • d. Specialty products as compared with the number of convenience products

• 4. The four major stages of a product life cycle include:

• a. Prosperity, recession, depression, and recovery
  • b. Specialty, convenience, shopping, and unsought goods.
  • c. Decline, stabilization, exposure, and growth.
  • d. Introduction, growth, maturity, and decline.

• 5. ____________ is the development of a product that is closely related to one or more products in a firm's existing product line but is designed specifically to meet somewhat different customer needs.

• 6. The phase of new-product development in which a small sample of potential buyers are presented with a product idea through a written or oral description in order to determine their attitudes and initial buying intentions regarding the product is called:

• a. Concept testing
  • b. Customer response testing
  • c. Idea analysis
  • d. Test marketing

• 7. The ability of a product to provide the same level of quality over time is called:

• a. Consistency
  • b. Longevity
  • c. Variability
  • d. Status

• 8. The part of a brand that can be spoken including letters, numbers, and words is the :

• a. Brand
  • b. Brand mark
  • c. Brand name
  • d. Trade name

• 9. When a product tries to capitalize on the brand equity of two separate brands, marketers are using:

• a. Licensing
  • b. Co-branding
  • c. Partnerships
  • d. Brand-extension

• 10. Packaging is most important, as a strategic tool, for:

• a. Consumer convenience products
  • b. Consumer shopping products
  • c. Industrial products
  • d. Consumer specialty products

• 11. An agreement in which the products of one organization are distributed through the marketing channel of another organization is called:

• a. Dual distribution
  • b. Marketing intermediation
  • c. Channel conflict
  • d. A strategic channel alliance.

• 12. Using only some of the available outlets to distribute a product is called:

• a. Selective distribution
  • b. Intensive distribution
  • c. Channel conflict
  • d. Vertical channel integration

• 13. When a single channel member manages an integrated marketing channel to achieve low-cost, effiecient distribution for satisfying target markets, _____________ exists

• a. A vertical marketing system
  • b. Horizontal channel integration
  • c. Channel power
  • d. Channel cooperation

• 14. The basic function of promotion is:

• a. Information
  • b. Manipulation
  • c. Communication
  • d. Interpretation

• 15. Advertising, personal selling, sales promotion, and public relations are called:

• a. Marketing mix ingredients
  • b. Promotion mix components
  • c. Characteristics of a product
  • d. Advertising tools

• 16. An attempt to create a trend or acceptance of a product through word-of-mouth communication is called:

• a. Guerilla marketing
  • b. Viral marketing
  • c. Buzz marketing
  • d. Personal publicity

• 17. The target audience for an advertising campaign is the:

• a. Information base on which to develop the campaign.
  • b. Geographic distribution of persons.
  • c. People toward who the advertisements are directed.
  • d. Overall goal of the advertising campaign.

• 18. _______________ is a broad set of communication activities used to create and maintain favorable relations between the organization and its stakeholder.

• a. Advertising
  • b. Selling
  • c. A press strategy
  • d. Public relations

• 19. _____________ is the communication in news story form about an organization or its product that is transmitted through a mass medium at no charge.
  • a. Advertising
  • b. Publicity
  • c. Public relations
  • d. Sales promotion

• 20. Which of the following types of salespeople facilitate the selling function but are not involved solely with making sales.

• a. Support salespeople
  • b. Inside order takers
  • c. Order getters who focus on current-customer sales
  • d. Order getters who focus on new-business sales.

• 21. Salespeople receive a set salary plus a commission based on sale with a:

• a. Straight salary compensation plan
  • b. Combination compensation plan.
  • c. Cafeteria plan
  • d. Straight commission compensation plan

• 22. Sales promotion is defined as(n):

• a. Activity used as a direct inducement to resellers, salespeople, or consumers.
  • b. Advertising campaign.
  • c. Cyclical activity aimed at producing a short-run effects on sales.
  • d. Noncyclical activity aimed at producing long-run effects.

• 23. The oldest form of exchange-trading of products----is known as:

• a. Credit
  • b. Buying
  • c. Purchasing
  • d. Barter

• 24. At the breakeven point, the:

• a. Money a company brings in from selling products equal the amount spent producing the products.
  • b. Total fixed costs are exactly equal to the total variable costs.
  • c. Profits are exactly equal to the difference between revenue and total variable costs.
  • d. Marginal revenue of a product is exactly equal to the marginal cost of producing one more unit.

• 25. ____________ consumers are concerned about both the price and quality aspects of a product.

• a. Price-conscious
  • b. Prestige-sensitive
  • c. Value-conscious
  • d. Price-conscious and prestige-sensitive.
Expert:  Jabi replied 2 years ago.
Hello dear client,

I thought it would be discussion question, i don't think i would be able to assist you with these questions. I am going to leave your question open to other experts who may have answers for these questions.

Good Luck!

-Jabi
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!