Neo
Neo, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  BS Accounting
4224391

The cost associated with each additional dollar of financing

The cost associated with each additional dollar of financing for investment projects is

A. the incremental return
B. the marginal cost of capital
C. risk-free rate
D. beta

22) The XYZ Company is planning a $50 million expansion. The expansion is to be financed by selling $20 million in new debt and $30 million in new common stock. The before-tax required rate of return on debt is 9%, and the required rate of return on equity is 14%. If the company is in the 40% tax bracket, what is the marginal cost of capital?

A. 14.0%
B. 9.0%
C. 10.6%
D. 11.5%

23) Shawhan Supply plans to maintain its optimal capital structure of 30% debt, 20% preferred stock, and 50% common stock far into the future. The required return on each component is: debt–10%; preferred stock–11%; and common stock–18%. Assuming a 40% marginal tax rate, what after-tax rate of return must Shawhan Supply earn on its investments if the value of the firm is to remain unchanged?

A. 18.0%
B. 13.0%
C. 10.0%
D. 14.2%

24) Lever Brothers has a debt ratio (debt to assets) of 40%. Management is wondering if its current capital structure is too conservative. Lever Brothers’ present EBIT is $3 million, and profits available to common shareholders are $1,560,000, with 342,857 shares of common stock outstanding. If the firm were to instead have a debt ratio of 60%, additional interest expense would cause profits available to stockholders to decline to $1,440,000, but only 228,571 common shares would be outstanding. What is the difference in EPS at a debt ratio of 60% versus 40%?

A. $1.75
B. $2.00
C. $3.25
D. $4.50

25) Zybeck Corp. projects operating income of $4 million next year. The firm’s income tax rate is 40%. Zybeck presently has 750,000 shares of common stock which have a market value of $10 per share, no preferred stock, and no debt. The firm is considering two alternatives to finance a new product: (a) the issuance of $6 million of 10% bonds, or (b) the issuance of 60,000 new shares of common stock. If Zybeck issues common stock this year, what will be the projected EPS next year?

A. $4.94
B. $2.96
C. $5.33
D. $3.20
Category: Business and Finance Homework
Expert:  Neo replied 2 years ago.
Good day!

21. A. the incremental return
22. C. 10.6%
23. B. 13.0%
24. A. $1.75
25. B. $2.96

Please do not forget to click the Accept button.

Thank you so much! :)
Neo, Bachelor's Degree
Experience: BS Accounting