Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

1990 Buick Reatta The digital speedometer works but the dial

Customer Question

1990 Buick Reatta The digital speedometer works but the dial speedometer went out. Is there a simple fix?
JA: Are you fixing your Reatta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet, it just went out yesterday If I can fix it,I will, otherwise I'll take it to a Buick Dealer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Eric replied 9 days ago.

HI,

Ok, the most common cause is a failure of the stepper motors in the instrument cluster. I am not sure if they make them for sale anymore for this year vehicle. Give me a couple of minutes to check.

Expert:  Eric replied 9 days ago.

Ok, the stepper motors have been discontinued. This means that you will need to take to a dealer and have them send your instrument cluster out to be rebuilt by their rebuilder

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Expert:  Eric replied 8 days ago.

Unless you have any other questions on this specific issue, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks