Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

2011 buick enclave has buz on right side of dash with the

Customer Question

2011 buick enclave has buz on right side of dash with the key off.
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: key is removed and buzzing seems to be coming from a fuze box area just above the glove box.
JA: Are you fixing your Enclave yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the buzzing is intermittent. Told buick shop about it at service time but they said nothing and the receipt shows no action taken.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Buick
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 4 months ago.

Hello, it is hard to say without having the vehicle in front of me but I have seen this on many different GM vehicles. The issue is usually a blend door actuator for the heat/AC blower on the passenger side. It is pretty tricky to replace but I would suggest this to your shop and have them check it out. The actuator is behind the top area of the glove box. Basically it has gears and they get stripped and that causes the buzzing noise, it will continue happening because the actuator continues trying to move until it reaches its limit. Hopefully this helps you, best of luck.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating 3 stars or higher, or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.