Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 2007 Buick lacrosse. Recently I had an electronics

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Buick lacrosse. Recently I had an electronics issue which I'm still fighting with. I finally got the car to start running and it seems to drive fine. however my gauges seem to be running in reverse and my traction control light is on. I hooked up my obd2 reader and I show no codes. I don't want to go blindly hacking away at my system, any ideas would be appreciated.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 11 days ago.

Disconnect battery and touch cables together with battery disconnected for 2 minutes, this will reset system. Let me know if it helps, thanks.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry to bother you again. I tried doing as you suggested. All the car does now is shut off the gauges and honk the horn till I let off the starter.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I got it figured out. I still have the traction control light on but I got everything else figured out. I still haven't heard from the gentleman you referred me to. What it turned out to be was a Com link issue caused by condensate in the ecm module. I disassembled the unit dried it out with a hair dryer and now it works perfect. We've had freezing rain storms here lately and sub-zero temperatures.