Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2003 Buick rendezvous. Brake light and audible alarm comes

Customer Question

2003 Buick rendezvous. Brake light and audible alarm comes on, but that started after I removed the fuse for the ABS, that kept activating at 30mph. Spent about $5000 going to different vendors to fix and it never got fixed. I felt better to deal with audible brake light issue than the grinding sound of the abs.
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: no I removed the abs fuse
JA: Are you fixing your Rendezvous yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well I have paid others to fix it but no one could figure out why the abs keeps activating. they replaced hubs several times, changed sensor wires, extended sensor wires but they never fixed the problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: during that time the abs constantly came on and activated. The only reason I have the alarm and brake light issue is because I removed the abs fuse. Oh and my dash board, speedometer, thermostat and odometer readers go wacko, but found out that was some faulty problem with the rendezvous. Never fixed it because I was dealing with abs issue
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Are there ABS codes stored?

Do you have a scan tool that can monitor wheel speed sensor readings?