Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 2001 Buicl Park Ave 3800 supercharged engine. A

Customer Question

i have a 2001 Buicl Park Ave 3800 supercharged engine. A passenger pulled out the rear seat vanity mirror and shorted out something. Runs and Idles ok - while in Park, revs fine also. However when tranny is engaged, no power when gas is applied and shifts hard into 2nd and 3rd; OBDII puts out no signal - we checked fuses under hood and under glove box - all appear to be good. Pulled connection for MAF sensor and it acted the same so we replaced the MAF - With New MAF, still runs poorly when transmission is engaged. Seems like the PCM/ECU is not getting power, like its in some kind of limp mode? is there a fusible link or some other thing we are missing ? any help would be greatly appreciated
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the scan tool powered up by the OBD connector at all or are you missing power from this connection?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We tried to use the OBD at Advance Auto, and the tech got no reading or no signal from what I remember. We have checked the PCM fuses under the hood and under the Glove box and all were not blown. (FYI)
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

But did the scan tool power up at all?