Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 94 Buick roadmaster it has a 5.7 engine I change

Customer Question

I have a 94 Buick roadmaster it has a 5.7 engine I change the fuel pump the fuel filter the distributor in the butter and the wires and spark plug in that in Mission control module it it is getting spark but it won't turn over but will not start
JA: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?
Customer: I has one on the line in a little bit and filter on in the tank it is getting fuel to the front of the engine when I turn it over
JA: Are you fixing your Roadmaster yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to spark plugs the fuel it is getting spark and a few it'll spit and sputter but that is about all it will do and yes I am working on it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did cut off the Cadillac converter's thinking that was part of the problem and I straight piped
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 5 days ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Expert:  Gary replied 5 days ago.

will it run with the O2 sensors removed out of the manifold ?

will it run on starting fluid or carb cleaner being sprayed down the engines throttle body buttery fly ?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
hey just turns over and spits and sputters and then when you spray the star starting fluid and it backfires
Expert:  Gary replied 5 days ago.

will it run with the O2 sensors out ?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
no
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
ni
Expert:  Gary replied 5 days ago.

ok at this point if it will not run on fuel have you confirmed spark at the spark plugs when cranking it over ? and it is a brand new distributor in it ?