trung do
trung do,
Experience:  journeyman technician at stevens creek toyota
96884327

2007 BUICK LUCERNE CXL. DRIVERS WINDOW GOES UP CROOKED ALL

Customer Question

2007 BUICK LUCERNE CXL. DRIVERS WINDOW GOES UP CROOKED ALL OF A SUDDEN. I REPLACED THE REGULATOR FOR NOTHING. THE GUIDE INSIDE THE REAR OF THE DOOR WAS LAYING IN THE BOTTOM, I PUT IT BACK BUT STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM OF THE WINDOW GOING UP CROOKED.
JA: Are you fixing your Lucerne yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YEP, I ALREADY ANSWERED THAT.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO THANKS.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
when the window goes up I need to push it forward to keep it from getting wedged. do I need to loosen the two clamps on the regulator and tilt the window slightly forward then tighten the clamps again?
Expert:  trung do replied 5 months ago.

good morning this is trung glad to be helping you today

Expert:  trung do replied 5 months ago.

HOW IS THE WINDOW RUN AROUND YOUR WINDOW GUISE IS THE RUBBER PIECE IN GOOD CONDITION

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
THE RUBBER IS IN GOOD CONDITION. WHEN THE WINDOW TILTS, WHICH ISN'T MUCH, IT SOMETIMES IS TOUCHING METAL I THINK. IT SOUNDS LIKE THE WINDOW IS RUBBING ON SAND. I WOULDN'T DOUBT THAT THE LOWER GUIDE INSIDE THE DOOR KEEPS MOVING.
Expert:  trung do replied 5 months ago.

IF YOU CAN REMOVE THE DOOR PANEL AND CHECK WHILE IT GOES UP AND DOWN AND SEE WHICH PART IS CONTACT IS THE EASY WAY TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
IF THE RUBBER IS MOVING CAN I GLUE IT IN PLACE AND WITH WHAT?
Expert:  trung do replied 5 months ago.

WELL THE FORCE THE WINDOW SLIDE UP AND DOWN THE BEST WAY TO FIX THIS IS REPLACING THE WINDOW RUN , BUT AUTO PART STORE SELL PRODUCT CALL WEATHER SEAL WHICH IS NOT A BEST GLUE BUT IT SHOULD HELP STICK

Expert:  trung do replied 5 months ago.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with