Jake Cheek
Jake Cheek,
Experience:  Automotive Technician at Hendrick Chevrolet
96914122

2010 enclave -- I can't figure out how to disconnect airbag

Customer Question

2010 enclave -- I can't figure out how to disconnect airbag to remove driver seat after recall that soldered the airbag quick disconnect wires together
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Buick Enclave. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: i am trying to replace the power seat adjuster track with a new one
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jake Cheek replied 15 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** JustAnswer.

Unfortunately the airbag harness has been soldered together. If you need to remove the seat they will have to be cut and resoldered. I would suggest taking it to a dealer as airbag wiring is crucial and cutting them incorrectly could result in deployment.

Now, with the warning out of the way. If you want to do this yourself, disconnect the battery and wait at least 2 minutes. Then when you get to cutting the wires cut them one by one. You do not want to cross snips from wire to wire. When reinstalling make sure you solder the connections because they can not be butt spliced together. It will not read correctly from the SDM.