Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

I have a 1994 buick roadmaster that the pass key light stays

Customer Question

I have a 1994 buick roadmaster that the pass key light stays on. battery, starter and keys check out OK. So bought a new ignition swith at a lock smith. do I need to have the new switch keyed to the original key before installing? It has the tilt stearing wheel. What tools do I need to get to the switch to replaace?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 3 months ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

Yes, the new lock cylinder has to be coded to the key, (so it will turn mechanically) and the resistor in the key has to match the original one.

That is checked with an Interrogator tool, please see attached diagram, thanks