Jake Cheek
Jake Cheek,
Experience:  Automotive Technician at Hendrick Chevrolet
96914122

Buick Lacrosse Power Mirrors Are Not Working.

Customer Question

2012 Buick Lacrosse power mirrors are not working with the controls but if I reverse it still tilts.
What can be done?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jake Cheek replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Jake.
The power mirrors do not work with the switch on the drivers door, but tilt down in reverse. Correct?
Also are you familiar with a test light and/or multimeter?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Correct and I am familiar with a test light/multimeter.

Are these heated mirrors? The schematics are different.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not heated

First we need to verify a test lamp illuminates between the B+ circuit terminal 4 (red/violet) and ground terminal 5 (black wire). These are for the connector on the mirror switch. You may have to remove the drivers door panel to access it. If it does not light up we need to verify terminal 4 with a body ground then separately terminal 5 to battery positive. If those pass I believe we are looking at a faulty mirror switch.

Have you determined the switch has power and ground? If so I believe you need a new mirror switch.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you so much I checked it and I think maybe it might be the switch but also somebody had said maybe it's a bad fuse. I don't know where the fuse is for that

The fuse you are looking for is #55 7.5 amp fuse labeled MIR_EWL_FR in the underhood fuse block. I have sent a diagram as well to hopefully make it a bit easier to check.

If the fuse block has a diagram on it - I would use that one as some models have different options and fuse locations but I believe this is the one you are looking for!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will have to check it tomorrow morning

Okay. Just to let you know I think that is the only power source for the mirrors and they do tilt down when in reverse so I think that would eliminate a bad fuse. But it never hurts to check.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay thanks so much