George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 15+years
13574682

I recently changed to tires and wheels on my 2007 Buick

Customer Question

I recently changed to tires and wheels on my 2007 Buick Lucerne without sensor valve stems. How do I turn off the warning light?
JA: Have you ever changed a tire on this vehicle?
Customer: No, I changed all four tires and wheels from my 2006 Lucerne to my 2007 Lucerne because I did not want to pay for dismounting and remounting 8 tires and wheels. I had just bought $800 worth of tires on the 2006 (which I intend to sell) on to my newly purchased 2007 Lucerne with older tires and wheels. The 2006 Lucerne wheels do not have sensor valve stems.
JA: Are you fixing your Lucerne yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I simply removed the tires and wheels and exchanged them one for the other.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: The one I am keeping is a 2007 Buick Lucern. The one I intend to sell is the 2006 Buick Lucerne. The tire size is the same on both cars.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thank you for your assistance.
JA: What year is your '06 Th!nk?
Customer: "'06 Think?" Please explain.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  George H. replied 29 days ago.

Hello I will help,

There is no way to disable the TPMS safety system to turn the light off. You will have to make the computer happy by installing sensors and training the computer so it turns off the light.

Sensors are available aftermarket for about $50 each. The alternative is to transfer the old sensors back to the swapped wheels.

Let me know what questions you have about this

Thank you