Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

1998 buick lesabre custom starts,runs great and

Customer Question

1998 buick lesabre custom starts,runs great and intermittently shuts off,try to restart, engine turns over but will not start, each time this happens the electric windows will not work, after a few mins the car will start and windows work?
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: had it to shop, Buick shop, was there for 12 days, they could not get it to do anything wrong and said nothing wrong,,, on drive home from shop it cut out on me
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think the window problem is the key to this
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

Yes, it is related to the window problem. There is a ground pack connector under the carpet on the driver's side. That is the ground for the fuel pump, windows, door locks and a few other things.

I have seen that many times when I worked at the Buick dealership. I would take the pack connector, (SP 340) apart and run new clean grounds to the floor of the car.

Please see the attached diagram along with the location of the ground pack, SP 340, thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 month ago.

Did you get that?