sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2010 buick enclave give me service traction control

Customer Question

hi my 2010 buick enclave give me service traction control warning 0n my dash, I just turn on the car and it's happen
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just 20 minutes ago, it's never happen before
JA: Are you fixing your Enclave yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was replacing the y pipe soon as I finished turn on the car and I got it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: after I finished replacing the y pipe , when I turn on the engine , the car was losing power when I was pushing the gas
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David. go back over your work. obviously something was disconnected or broken in the process of replacing the pipe. look at any connectors or sensors in the immediate work area.

any update?

do you still need assistance?

hello??????

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that could be going on. If the traction control light is on along with an engine performance issue that started at the same time then you may have an electronic throttle control related issue. The stability control system relies on the ability to request torque from the engine so the two systems are integral.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting and then testing can be done from there. Do you know what codes are setting?