Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

Buick Lesabre Emitting Smoke and Not Starting.

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Buick Lesabre with a 3.8L was running fine yesterday then today, it started to blow white smoke.
I drove around block came home shut it off and it wont start at all instead makes a clicking noise. The noise is coming from the starter.
What is the problem?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.
These are very common for upper plastic intake manifolds failing internally and allowing coolant to get into cylinders to cause this issue.
Remove the spark plugs and see if it will crank over the odds are it will and you will see coolant come out of the spark plug holes or a few of them.
Leave the plugs out and replace the upper plastic intake manifold then crank it over until all the coolant is out and change the oil and a new set of plugs should fix this right up for you.
Dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer. If you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer.