Amedee
Amedee, Buick Mechanic
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Buick Lucerne Dies At Low Idle, Starts At Neutral.

Customer Question

2006 Buick Lucerne with 4.6 engine dies every now and when I put it in neutral it starts right up. Mostly dies when at a stop and low idle. Also once in a while the service traction control light comes on and with in seconds the engine starts to die. If I step on the gas the service traction control light goes off and the car runs fine.
The sensor for the MAP is easy to test and replace and so is the o2 sensor. Maybe a loose connection on the ABS sensor.
What needs to be done?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.
The most common cause of a stalling condition on this vehicle is a bad crankshaft position sensor, bad or dirty throttle body, air or vacuum leak or a bad MAP/MAF sensor.