Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

When you turn the key the engine will not start. Nothing

When you turn the key the engine will not start. Nothing happens. When you jump across the starter the engine rotates but will not start. It is a 1998 Buick Lasabre 6 cylinder.
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: ou can turn the steering wheel. The key is not damaged tried a second key no difference.
JA: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Jumped across the starter. Got inside turn key on nothing happened. Battery is fully charged. It turned over one time and has not started since. My husband said it acts like the igination switch might be bad.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My husband has worked on cars all his life. He is a Mechanic. He is 77 and has been away from it for a while
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He is just stumped by this one.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

That sounds like a problem with the Passkey2 security system. There are 15 different value resistors that are used in the keys.

..

Possibly the passlock2 sensor in the lock cylinder for the ignition is the problem. But it could, of course be something else in the system.

.

The only way to know is to check it with the Interrogator tool. Most lock smiths have one. When we get that problem in the field, and not having the tool we get a lock smith to come and check it, for about $85.

..

That is less than the dealership and that way there is no tow charge.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here. Thanks

.

Did you get that?