Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

Issue with factory theft

Customer Question

issue with factory theft
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Can I start by getting your VIN and any stored codes in the computer?

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
codes: b-1004 , u-1192, u-1255, p1631 vin# *****
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for that information. Does the engine start and run?

If not, does it crank over and not start or does it not crank over at all?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
IT DID....UNTIL I CLEARED THE CODES...& now doesn't start
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Does it crank over?

Have you tried using another key?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Something came up. I have to step out. I am going to leave this question open for other experts.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is anybody helping?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

new expert here

what is the year and make and model of this vehicle ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2003 Buick Lesabre
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

what is it doing cranking over and not starting up ?

will it run on starting fluid ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it's doing nothing...turn key - dashboard goes dead...no, won't crank
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

and a jump start will not help at all ?

if not in the under hood fuse box put your fingers ion the relay called start do you feel that relay click with your fingers every time you hold the key to crank position ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i know you were not involved before but no.. car is dead in the water. is throwing security codes stopping everything from working.. opcm code... p-1631 password ***** correct
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

ok and did this start out of the blue one day this issue ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

can you do this here and see if a relearn will work ?

1. With a master passkey III key (Black), turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

IMPORTANT: This procedure is not available on vehicles equipped with option code (Z49 or BAE).
If replacing a theft deterrent control module with an GM SPO Replacement Part, perform the procedure to setup a new theft deterrent control module prior to the 30-minute relearn procedure.

1. Observe the Security telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn off.
  2. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  3. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes .
  4. With a master passkey III key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information and the PCM has now learned the fuel continue password.

IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the key transponder information and/or passwords on the ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i performed a relearn already and it know recognizes 3 keys... would not start vehicle but did something and got vehicle to run. Security light Never went out and now was running on a enable counter..beleave I am down to 160? was told by gm car would learn enable code but this has not happened... Does it need to be brought to dealer if it does have those RPO codes?"
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
to answer your question.. yes out of the Blue when cust.. brought it in for a nys inspection 2 weeks ago
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

if you could jump start the starter or the starter relay and it will run it is NOT a theft issue as the theft system shuts off the fuel injectors AND stops engine cranking

this is not going to be a theft issue if you can bypass the starter for it to run

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
has been done and will not run... cranks no start.. this was before i tripped the enable counter.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

ok then the issue is the theft module or the computer keeping it locked out

have the dealer perform a relearn with there plug in scan tool and see if that will take

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Car has been reprogrammed by GM. I don't know if this is a problem as it has never been answered . Car has a Enable counter that is still counting down from 240? presently at 74... Will car not start once it hits 0 or will it start all over?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is anyone there?