Experience:  Service Consultant at Main Motor Chevrolet

Buick Lucerne Needs Power To Lane Departure System.

Customer Question

2010 Buick Lucerne needs power to lane departure system.
I cannot find power source. Before power loss there was intermittent power.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 6 days ago.
Hi and thank you for the question.
My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. The lane departure power comes from the rear fuse panel. The fuse is labeled "MDLS - BODY". This is the power source. Check that fuse and let me know the results...the rear fuse block is located "Left rear of the passenger compartment under the rear seat".
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
checked fuse-- fuse OK . Still no light on headlight switch or dashlight. what do we do next.
Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 4 days ago.
I wish I was with the vehicle to help further. This will have to be scanned and tested by a GM technician.
I have seen many lane departure / radar sensors faulty, but I'm not sure if this is the problem. The technician will have to inspect for codes in that system and diagnose them accordingly. This is a complicated system and if there was a way for me to diagnose this system without being with the vehicle, I'd be rich.
I really wish I had better information for you, but without a scan tool reading the data and potential codes, my hands are tied. If there was a way for you to have the computer scanned for codes and get them to me, this might really help. Would this be an option? Do you know someone that can scan the computer for codes?

What is the issue you are having with the vehicle? Is the lane departure system inoperative?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I know where there is a scan tool. will have it scaned&let you know any codes.
Customer: replied 13 hours ago.
Scan tool gave us code V-0232 for lane departure system. Bill Shaner