Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech

1997 Buick LeSabre Idles Too Fast.

Customer Question

1997 Buick LeSabre had the fuel pump assembly changed where they disconnected the battery when car was started up it idled to fast.
All vaccuum lines have been checked new IAC Throttle body changed and cleaned no codes on the EMC also EMC has been changed still idles fast at times but runs perfect at times like maybe the computer is getting wrong signals.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 5 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 5 days ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer.
I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common thing that can cause an intermittent high idle can be caused by a failing Throttle position sensor. In order to determine if in fact that is the case you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the the link below to do this.