TODD RUZICKA
TODD RUZICKA,
Experience:  Service Consultant at Main Motor Chevrolet
95998009

Radio keeps switching modes. error message is“Front Aux

Customer Question

radio keeps switching modes. error message is“Front Aux Input”
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 100 k miles -- but this has happened before and fixed when removed nav cd disc
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2006 enclave
JA: Are you fixing your Enclave yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not this tim e. but i was the one to discover solution to earlier problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  TODD RUZICKA replied 1 month ago.

Hi and thank you for the question. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Does the "FRONT AUX INPUT" message come on by itself while you are driving? Is this issue happening each time you drive the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not EVERY TIME. But much more frequently

Ok, this is good information. I have seen this particular issue several times before. What is happening is, the AUX input connection in the radio is coming loose or breaking apart. This is causing an intermittent connection. When this occurs, the radio sees an input from the AUX port and will then switch sources to play the AUX source. This is happening, obviously, when the port is not being used. The radio will have to be replaced in order to correct this issue. Unfortunately, GM radios are very expensive. A less expensive option to have the radio replaced, would be replacing it with an aftermarket radio. This option is less expensive. A professional car audio installer can usually install a nice radio (one of your choosing) at a fraction of the cost of a GM radio. I hope this helps. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Did you receive the previous information regarding the radio? If so, I really hope it helped and thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. Please let me know if there is anything else in the future I can assist you with and THANK YOU so much in advance for a FIVE STAR rating !! Have a wonderful day.