Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

The dash board is reading service brake assist ( The red

Customer Question

The dash board is reading service brake assist ( The red Brake light stays on), service traction control (traction light stays on) service stabilitrak (brake petal goes all the way to the floor) and the speakers are not working to the radio. I took it to a mechanic shop and they tried to replace the amp but every time he plugs it up the 30 amp fuse pops......he would tell me anything about the brakes he kept telling me it might be an electrical problem something about the power control module????
JA: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: really haven't been driving it since it came on too scared because the brake petal goes to the floor
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: The car has been at the mechanics shop for 4 months just picked it up today because he wont fix the problem. Its a 2006 Buick Lucerene CXL V8
JA: Are you fixing your Lucerne yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it doesn't have a warranty anymore so I really didn't want to take it to the dealer because of how much they might charge? I have replaced the brake pads had that mechanic run the computer on it and he told me it came back with 27 codes that it could be the power control module
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to. Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: my brother tried to jump it with some battery cables one day and put the negative on the positive and vice vesa on the actual battery, but Ever since then these problems happened. The brake problems and the no sound to the radio. Radio has power and the display works properly but no sound
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. Am I getting this correct that these problems started after it was jumped backwards?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Well I had replaced the battery after the jump. When I replaced the battery these problems occurred
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My real concern is why the brake petal going to the floor? Not sure if the brake petal is controlled electronic or hydraulic. If it is electronic shouldn't the petal be hard.....and the hydraulic make it go soft if the master cylinder is going out?