Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Buick Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

2007 Buick Lucerne CXS. Need to replace the passenger side

Customer Question

2007 Buick Lucerne CXS. Need to replace the passenger side air temp actuator, which buzzes when it tries to change temp on the passenger side. I got the glove box removed OK. I can hardly see the actuator, but I did manage to disconnect the associated wire harness, and the buzzing noise stopped, so I know that is the problem. But how to I get the actuator out of there? It is wedged between the blower motor housing and the HVAC box. And the front of the blower motor housing is behind some kind of vertical air duct that runs up to the center of the dash. Alldatadiy.com subscription is virtually useless. It says "remove the HVAC module assembly, remove right hand floor air outlet duct, remove left hand floor air outlet duct, disconnect the HVAC Module Electronic connnectors"
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 month ago.

IF you have AllData diy......that is the Factory Manuals for this car
The Labor for replacing the Actuator is over "6 hours", as you have to remove the Dash, the Heater Box / HVAC Module, and a number of other components
It is not an easy job
IF you like I can post the same procedures as you will find in AllData

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Don Mo Lurch,There are only two screws holding that actuator in place. Last night I pulled the blower motor out, which allowed me easy access the bottom screw of the actuator. How do I get the top screw out? Ripping the whole dash out may be the ugly GM approved method, but I'm sure experienced Buick HVAC techs don't go to that extreme, regardless of what the manual says. (The same factory manual says you have to take the radiator out to replace the alternator, but I already proved that's not true, and I'm just a weekend DIY'er.)Thanks for any practical advice you can offer for replacing that actuator.- John

I understand about short cuts & there are many that prove the GM Manual is not the fastest
In the 20 years with GM, I would not be able to provide step by step, unless I had hands on or remember doing the job
​Will OPT OUT
Thanks