Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

ABS, traction and brake light is on. Both, 2003 lesabre

Customer Question

ABS, traction and brake light is on.
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Both
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2003 lesabre limited
JA: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If I can, I would like to. Haven't tried anything. Was told that it was the ABS modul.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 21 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thanks!! Actually, the traction says traction off. All three lights are on.

Hey how are you

the ABS module is a common failure on this model

but testing is needed to confirm , because we do have 4 abs wheels sensors ,yaw sensor, steering angle sensor ,trac switch etc.. also in the ABS system that could be causing the light on & off.

what you need is a GM diagnostic scanner or equivalent where you can retrieve the fault codes & you can know if it is the module or the sensors.

if scanner was used the sensors can be checked by doing a test drive with scanner hook up and watch if all ABS sensor are reading same speed .

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

if you get some fault codes retrieved , just come back and post them back here and i can help you further

if you are working on it your self

just let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat