Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Dash lites for abs and brake sty on after start, fuses good,

Customer Question

dash lites for abs and brake sty on after start
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: fuses good
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 03 buick lesabre
JA: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, checked fuses in engine area and under seat
JA: Got it. Anything else you want the Buick Mechanic to know before I set up your one-on-one?
Customer: every thing is operating ok, except lites staying on, need to pass inspection. I did replace headliner weeks ago but everything was ok after i did so
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Expert:  Jerry replied 2 months ago.

There are many areas in the ABS system that will make the lights come on or flash. You will want to have the codes read to see what area the problem is in.

The code(s) can only be cleared with a scan tool.

.

When we know the code(s) then we will have a better understanding as to what the cause may be.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 months ago.

A phone call would not be in your best interest. I am not able to draw diagrams or give instructions over the phone.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is it possible that the brake light switch for the emergency brake would bring on the abs and traction off light?
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 months ago.

No, that would just make the (red) brake light come on. You could test all of the ABS system components separately, but that would take days. Whereas the trouble code will point us in the right direction, thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I have to go to Buick dealer to get trouble code? I have a scanner which shows no codes.
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 months ago.

That depends on the type of scanner/reader that you have. Most repair shops will have a Tech2 type of scan tool that can read ABS system codes and check the live data, clear codes, etc.