Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

A couple of things. 1-Had oil changed & car still

Customer Question

A couple of things. 1-Had oil changed & car still occasionally stalss at slow speed, like at light or parking! Wondering if it might be a Fuel Filter issue?
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: Yes the check engine will periodically come on, just idleing.
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 94, Lesabre
JA: Are you fixing your LeSabre yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Most likely, had Checy dealer do an Oil Change on it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My A/C- Heater wouldn't Blow Air, so I Replaced Blower Motor & B.M. Resister, Double checked Lines/Fuses. Notta, you can sort of hear it ''trying'' to Blow, but nothing happens! Have No Idea what to look for next!
Category: Buick
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

The stalling is most likely from either a dirty throttle body causing the throat plate to stick, small vacuum leak in one of the vacuum hoses or air intake leak.

On the blower issue, I need to know if the blower motor is working but no air out the vents, or the blower motor is not working when fan switch turned on

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Eric, my apologies for the delay in responding, I've been getting ready for a 3 day Retreat.
Thank you for the info on the Stalling, I'll have to look into it when I get back from a Retreat this weekend.
Is there a probability that the Fuel Filter would need to be Replaced?Regarding the Blower issue, the Blower Motor & Resistor are NEW and yet the Blower Motor & A/C Pump are Not Working.
I had Replaced the B.M & Resistor since it had Stopped Blowing Air/Defrost, even though there was still Freon, after checking Fuses & Vacuum Lines!
Thank you for all your Help!
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

While possible, it is at the bottom of the list as you should have hesitation on acceleration, surging at steady speed and erratic idle with a clogged fuel filter.

On the blower motor and ac compressor not working, I need to know if yours had manual controls or pushbutton/digital controls.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Push button/digital.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Although nothing is working, when you turn the climate control on, does the temperature readout flash on and off for 2 minutes?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, you can hear it "acting" like it'll turn on, but it doesn't.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Ok, lets check for fault codes.

TO ENTER THE "AC DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM CHECK"
To enter the "AC Diagnostic System Check," press the "TEMP" up switch and the "OFF" switch on the control panel at the same time. Upon entry, a segment check will be performed and then the graphic display will show pointer number "-00". If the compressor clutch is being requested, the "EXT TEMP" graphics will be displayed. The fan up and fan down switch can be used to increase and decrease the pointer number. The "MIDDLE" switch can be used to change from pointer number -02 to DTC or parameter values for pointers "05-31."

TO DISPLAY HVAC DTCS
To display HVAC DTCs. select pointer number "-02". and press the "MIDDLE" switch. At this time any current and history trouble codes will be displayed. A failure indicates that the control has detected an open, short to ground or faulty component in that circuit. While that failure is detected, the control will use a default value. When the graphic display is displaying numbers 200 to 299, they appear as numbers 100 through 199 with a "-" in front of them. For example. the value of 200 would be displayed as "-100."

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK maybe I'm not getting it, but nothing is showing up.
Here is a picture of my control panel.
Let me know if you got the picture.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Just means that there are not codes which will make this more difficult.

Does the blower motor work if you select heat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, it doesn't work on Heat or AC.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 month ago.

HI,

Well drat, I will have to opt out and see if another expert can help as I dont have the correct wiring diagram to walk you thru testing

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, thanks anyway.