Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Want to remove sun visors to have repair..........problem?

Customer Question

Want to remove sun visors to have repair..........problem? They have power to both of them, how do I disconnect the power lines?
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2004 Buick LaSarbe
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took the visors off but power cords still connected. Taking the visors to be...............I don't know what you call it, I had a new headliner installed and they didn't do the visors.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Buick
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

The harness connector that you need to disconnect for the sunvisors are behind the headliner which requires lowering the headliner some in order to disconnect them.

If you plan to lower the headliner yourself, I can upload directions but I need to know if yours has a sunroof or not

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No sun roof. where do I pull the headliner down at?
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

You will be pulling the front portion down. In order to do this, you will need to remove the assist handles, the windshield pillar trim pieces, the overhead console/overhead light assembly if equipped, the center pillar trim pieces that are between the front and read doors, the front door opening mouldings/weatherstripping.

At that point you will be able to pull it down enough to disconnect the harness connectors. But you have to be careful when you pull it down in the front as you can pull to hard and put a crease in it. And depending upon what the company used to adhere the headliner when they installed it, it may not pull down easily

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well, basically you're telling me it's a whole lot of work for very little return.............I believe I will forget it or pay the guys that did the headliner to do this, I wonder why the heck they didn't do it to begin with? It's just that I bought this 2004 Buick LaSabre, it is factory clean and only has 33,000 miles on it............$ 5,000.00. I could not pass it up.
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

Yes, it is alot of work just to get to the connectors. Not sure why GM went with this design as most either have the connector at the sunvisor or behind the windshield pillar trim piece.

Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.