Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2002 Buick Park Avenue had new wheel bearings put in.

Customer Question

my 2002 Buick Park Avenue had new wheel bearings put in. Since that was done my fuel gage goes all the way around to empty. The battery also drains down. is it possible they reversed the plug on the ABS sensors, and would that cause a problem? the ABS , Service Engine,and Trac lights were on when I brought the car in they're off now
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: the brake system light was not on. everything worked before I brought the car in, the lights were on for many months without any problems with the electrical system.
JA: Are you fixing your Park Avenue yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, the auto shop that put in the wheel bearings are trying to figure out what's going on 3 days now.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • The ABS system would not cause either issue your having. These are new issues which I can help you diagnose if you have a volt meter.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris