Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles

Have replaced 4 sensing units on the passenger side rear and

Customer Question

Have replaced 4 sensing units on the passenger side rear and the abs light keeps coming on. You can feel the brakes going into anti skid mode occasionally. The light will go on for a while and the go off.
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Both.
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2007 Lucerne
JA: Are you fixing your Lucerne yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have been taking it to a local mechanic who has been in business for a long time.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 28 days ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

How long do the repalcement sensors last? Do you have a scan tool with ABS data?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I have been taking the car to a mechanic who has all the equipment. It's always the right rear that shows a drop in signal. The fourth one was put on just a couple weeks ago and it started right away. He mentioned if it didn't work this time it may be a wire. I know what a pain it can be tracing wires and I am not sure he wants to deal with it.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 27 days ago.

So does it work at all? Or does ot just have low speed dropouts?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
It is off and on. I would say it is mostly low speed dropouts, now that you mention it. For a while if I didn't drive the car for a few days it would come on, then it would be alright for a few days when I was driving it.
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 24 days ago.

There are a few things that can cause your concerns.

1. Where is the shop getting your bearing? I recommend an OE bearing.
  2. What is the condition of the connector?
  3. Has there been any damage to the structure of the car? (accident)
  4. Is the rear end properly aligned?
  5. Are the tires same brand, wear and size?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 24 days ago.

I am also attaching a GM TSB on proper sensor diagnosis.