Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I am getting a P1374 code. I have replaced the crankshaft

Customer Question

I am getting a P1374 code. I have replaced the crankshaft position sensor and the crankshaft pulley. I have also replaced the ignition control module. Could the camshaft position sensor be causing this code to come on?
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: Yes and when I am driving it doesn't have the power it should. Like all the cylinders are not firing.
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 2000 Buick Regal GS
JA: Are you fixing your Regal yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, after I changed the CPS, I read that I had to do a crankcase relearn, which I did have done. And I also changed the ICM thinking that that is the problem.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it.
Category: Buick
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. please allow me a few to look up some info for you. thanks

havent forgot about you........

- Faulty Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor - Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor harness is open or shorted - Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor circuit poor electrical connection - Faulty Ignition Control Module

The 3X reference signal is produced by the Ignition Control Module. The ICM calculates the 3X reference signal by dividing the Crankshaft Position sensor 18X pulses by 3. This calculation is performed while the engine is running, and while the CKP sync pulses are being received. The Powertrain Control Module uses the following information: - The 3X reference signal in order to calculate the engine RPM, and the CKP at engine speeds above 1,200 RPM - The pulses on the circuit in order to initiate injector pulses - A constant monitoring of the number of pulses on the 3X reference circuit - A comparison to the number of 3X reference pulses to the number of 18 X reference pulses and CAM signal pulses being received....so yes. the crank sensor could absolutely be at fault

checking in to see how its going