Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Buick Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Buick Diagnostics
18617752

The passenger side of heater blows coolcair, no, encave

Customer Question

the passenger side of heater blows coolcair
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: encave 2011
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to fix it have not started
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today. Just to make sure I understand- you have the heat on and the passengers's side is not responding, correct?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it blows cool air
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Ok, great. Thanks. This is most commonly due to a faulty Air Temp Actuator. This is a little motor that turns the door internal of the HVAC housing to switch between heat and A/C as commanded by the control panel. On this vehicle, the passenger's side actuator is located behind the glove compartment, mounted to the right side of the HVAC housing - for an image location view, click here: https://goo.gl/faMRGg. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Remove the actuator and turn the door by hand. The temp output should now be correct. If not, the HVAC housing will need to be removed, opened and the internal door repaired as needed. If the visual inspection check ok, replace the Actuator. To gain the access you need, the glove compartment and lower insulator panel will need to be removed. Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
cancel reequest