Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE since 1980
3506196

Heater core replacement for a buick lacrosse 2008. No in the

Customer Question

Heater core replacement for a buick lacrosse 2008.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: No in the passenger side floor and plastic cover that the heater core is in.
JA: Are you fixing your LaCrosse yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have console removed and lower trim on drivers side removed.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I get core out of case ?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 2 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

did you disconnect the hoses under the hood???

can you post a picture of where you are at??

Roy

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No not yet

you need to drain the coolant first. that will release the lines. c

can you see the core???

Roy

procedure

Removal Procedure

1. Drain the coolant. Refer to Cooling System Draining and Filling (L26, LY7 GE 47716 Fill) (See: Service and Repair)Cooling System Draining and Filling (L26 Static Fill) (See: Service and Repair)Cooling System Draining and Filling (LY7 Static Fill) (See: Service and Repair)Cooling System Draining and Filling (LS4 GE47716 Fill) (See: Service and Repair)Cooling System Draining and Filling (LS4 Static Fill) (See: Service and Repair).
  2. Use J 38185 in order to position aside the heater hose inlet and outlet clamps at the heater core.
  3. Disconnect the inlet and outlet heater hose from the heater core.
  4. Remove the RH instrument panel closeout/insulator panel. Refer to Instrument Panel Insulator Panel Replacement - Right Side (See: Body and Frame\Interior Moulding / Trim\Dashboard / Instrument Panel\Service and Repair).
  5. Remove the LH instrument panel closeout/insulator panel. Refer to Instrument Panel Insulator Panel Replacement - Left Side (See: Body and Frame\Interior Moulding / Trim\Dashboard / Instrument Panel\Service and Repair).
  6. Remove the floor carpet. Refer to Front Floor Panel Carpet Replacement (See: Body and Frame\Interior Moulding / Trim\Carpet\Service and Repair).
  7. Remove the communication interface module. Refer to Communication Interface Module Replacement (See: Accessories and Optional Equipment\Communications Control Module\Service and Repair).
  8. Remove the rear floor air outlet duct from the holes in the floor reinforcement.
  9. Disconnect the rear floor air outlet duct from the heater core outlet cover.
  10. Remove the rear floor air outlet duct.

1. Remove the heater core outlet cover screws (2).
  2. Remove the heater core outlet cover heat stakes (1) with a small chisel.
  3. Remove the heater core outlet cover from the HVAC module assembly.

1. Remove the heater core cover screws (2).
  2. Remove the heater core cover heat stakes (1) with a small chisel.
  3. Remove the heater core cover from the HVAC module assembly.

1. Remove the heater core from the HVAC module assembly.

18.
Remove the heater core foam seal (1) from the HVAC module assembly.

Installation Procedure

1. Install a new heater core foam seal (1) to the HVAC module assembly.
  2. Install the heater core to the HVAC module assembly.
  3. From the inside of the heater core cover, drill the dimples adjacent to the heat stakes using a 5.5 mm (7/32 in) drill bit.

1. Install the heater core cover.

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice (See: Service Precautions\Vehicle Damage Warnings\Fastener Notice).

1. Install the heater core cover screws to the heater core cover.

Tighten all the screws to 1.5 N.m (13 lb in).

1. From the inside of the heater core outlet cover, drill the dimples adjacent to the heat stakes using a 5.5 mm (7/32 in) drill bit.

1. Install the heater core outlet cover.
  2. Install the heater core outlet cover screws (2).

Tighten the screws to 1.5 N.m (13 lb in).

1. Connect the rear floor air outlet duct to the heater core outlet cover.
  2. Install the rear floor air outlet duct to the holes in the floor reinforcement.
  3. Install the communication interface module. Refer to Communication Interface Module Replacement (See: Accessories and Optional Equipment\Communications Control Module\Service and Repair).
  4. Install the floor carpet. Refer to Front Floor Panel Carpet Replacement (See: Body and Frame\Interior Moulding / Trim\Carpet\Service and Repair).
  5. Install the RH instrument panel closeout/insulator panel. Refer to Instrument Panel Insulator Panel Replacement - Right Side (See: Body and Frame\Interior Moulding / Trim\Dashboard / Instrument Panel\Service and Repair).
  6. Install the RH instrument panel closeout/insulator panel. Refer to Instrument Panel Insulator Panel Replacement - Left Side (See: Body and Frame\Interior Moulding / Trim\Dashboard / Instrument Panel\Service and Repair).
  7. Connect the inlet and outlet heater hose to the heater core.
  8. Use J 38185 in order to reposition the heater hose inlet and outlet clamps to the heater core.
  9. Refill the coolant. Refer to Cooling System Draining and Filling (L26, LY7 GE 47716 Fill) (See: Service and Repair)Cooling System Draining and Filling (L26 Static Fill) (See: Service and Repair)Cooling System Draining and Filling (LY7 Static Fill) (See: Service and Repair)Cooling System Draining and Filling (LS4 GE47716 Fill) (See: Service and Repair)Cooling System Draining and Filling (LS4 Static Fill) (See: Service and Repair).

got a payment failed for the service.

when you get it resolved, I will see your number and call

Roy

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy