Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have an 05 Buick rendezvous that the chiming won't turn

Customer Question

I have an 05 Buick rendezvous that the chiming won't turn off. I just want to get rid of the chime. How can I do this?
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll turn on the key and the chiming goes from slow to slightly faster and won't turn off when the doors are closed. It says rear door open but even when it's closed it won't turn off. I just want to get rid of the noise.
Expert:  cardoctor74 replied 2 months ago.

Ok if its showing rear door open there is an issue with the rear door latch and it need to be replaced to fix this issue.Even though its closed the sensor in the latch is shorted out telling the computer its open and thats causing the chime .As for the chime there is no way of just disabling the chime unfortunately .The rear door latch will need to be fixed to fix this issue unfortunately .