Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

All lights interior and exterior not working. As well as the

Customer Question

All lights interior and exterior not working. As well as the door locks. Anti lock light stays on and car drives fine
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Dash lights, headlights, tail, brake lights...all lighting
JA: What is the model/year of your Buick?
Customer: 95 Buick Century custom
JA: Are you fixing your Century yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried the the fuse box and all fuses seems fine...yes I would like to fix it myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else at the moment
Category: Buick
Expert:  Clayso replied 9 months ago.

This is Clay, I'm a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely there are blown fusible links just off from the battery positive. The link below is the location of 3 fusible links at the battery.

Fusible Links B, C & G

Fusible links act the same as fuses. An electrical fusible link is a type of electrical fuse that is constructed simply with a short piece of wire that is smaller than the wire that is being protected. Fusible links are common in high-current applications. The wire in a fusible link is covered with a high-temperature fire-resistant insulation to reduce hazards when the wire melts. Fusible links are designed to melt and not catch fire where a regular wire would possibly catch fire.

The rust colored fusible link B protects the fuses in the fuse box for all of the lighting circuits a power accessory circuit for the door locks. Fusible links B & G protect circuits for the brake light switch and the ABS enable relay. These circuits should be checked with a test lamp to verify the circuits integrity.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.