Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Errr... Pete, Are you real? Or a bot? wow. I wasn't prepared

Customer Question

Errr. . . hey Pete, Are you real? Or a bot?
JA: No. I'm the Buick Mechanic's Assistant. How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: wow. I wasn't prepared for this/you, and I'm not the fella who worked on the car, but the situation is pretty desperate. - the Vehicle is a 2003 Buick Century 3.1L - unsure of miles, yes have an OBDII (?) code reader. I can tell you the situation and you can probably confirm.
JA: Are you fixing your Century yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Over heating problem. I think the gal cracked the radiator messing with it herself, so she brought it to the ranch. There is a semi-decent wrench here (he busts his butt however is a little on the casual side of technique) anyway, he replaced the radiator (installed new) and replaced water pump for good measure (70 certain about pump) - anyway it made no difference. and the system doesn't leak
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes after topping off with coolant, she reports it takes about 30 minutes to overheat. we suspect a blown head casket, thiniking the coolant must be leaving the via exhaust system. I think the mechanic found the #2 cylindar was wet
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David. has anyone done a pressure test on the cooling system or a block test to see if gases are getting into the coolant? you can also do a compression test and a leakdown test on the suspected cylinders bank.

just checking in to see how its going