Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles

I have a 1996 Buick Regal. I have issues of starting the car

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Buick Regal. I have issues of starting the car multiple times. This morning I went shopping, turned the car off. Upon returning, it was reluctant to turn over. I arrived at my driveway, turned it off and tried to restart without success. I have replaced the starter, the battery and the alternator. Any suggestions?
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: A series of rapid ones
JA: Are you fixing your Regal yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken to several shops. I have replaced the starter, the battery and the alternator.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can it be saved?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Sounds like your battery is dead or you have a bad connection at the battery.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When the alternator was replaced, is it common practice to recharge the battery at the shop or is this something I had to do when returned my car from the shop?
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

The shop should have charged it. It is also possible one of your cables has a bad connection either at battery or at engine side.