Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Buick Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Buick Diagnostics

My 2011 Buick Enclave is giving us trouble with refueling.

Customer Question

The gas nozzle keeps clicking and clicking, making it very hard to add fuel.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today.

When you are having trouble fueling the vehicle, this is most commonly due to a problem in the EVAP Vent System. This condition could be caused by a damaged EVAP vent Solenoid, a temporary blockage at the EVAP canister vent solenoid valve inlet, or a pinched vent hose. The Vent Solenoid is mounted to the EVAP Canister which is located at the top of the fuel tank. The tank will need to be removed to gain access (click here for image location: Carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Inspect the lines (rubber and plastic) for any cracks, holes or disconnections. If the visual inspection checks ok, suspect a faulty Vent Solenoid. Replacement should solve the problem. If you found this answer helpful, please help me by leaving a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for answering your question.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open and you did not leave a rating , so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Did you have any other questions? Was there something I missed that you wanted addressed? If you have no further questions and simply forgot to leave a rating, please take a second and use the stars at the top of the page to rate our Q&A session. Thank-you!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.