Amedee
Amedee, Buick Mechanic
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I own 2004 buick regal with 148,000 miles The fan for the

Customer Question

I own 2004 buick regal with 148,000 miles The fan for the air conditioner and heater does not work. Sometimes it will start up and everything works fine. When it does not work the cruise control does not work either. When the fan switch does not work and when it is in the off position or on high the cruise lifgt comes on on the dash but the cruise is not working. Also when the car is first started at night the lights come on but when driving and switching to high beam the lights go out entirely so I have to switch it back to low beam. This happens until the car seems to warm up. Any suggestions
Category: Buick
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. The blower motor and AC issue is caused by a bad ignition switch. The contacts inside the electrical part of the switch go bad causing a massive voltage drop which causes this problem.

Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

The headlight issue is caused by a bad multifunction switch.

Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!