Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

My battery has gone dead three times within this month and

Customer Question

my battery has gone dead three times within this month and my mechanic cannot find any reason for it or any drainage problem. This is a 2004 LeSabre . Any ideas????
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: the battery checks out OK and is only a few months old
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: N o, I do not want to try to fix myself. Neither the AAA service people nor my repair garage can find any reason for whatever is draining the battery.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: NO!
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

did your mechanic perform a voltage drop test to see what is draining the battery ?

I would ask the repair shop to perform this test to find out why .

Voltage drop test ,for battery drain checking

1- Voltmeter
2- settings on voltmeter will be on milli amps.
3- go across all the fuses in the car one by one and see which one is reading higher than 0.3 0.5 milli amps with the key off
4- the fuse that has a reading higher than 0.5 milli amps will be the circuit we need to repair to fix the battery drainage problem you having

Let me know if you need anything else on it ,just reply back here & we can continue

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat