Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles

I busted the anti theft module that circles the key on my

Customer Question

I busted the anti theft module that circles the key on my 2005 Buick rendezvous and $200 for a new one but now when the key is turned on I get around 4 slow dings then fast and constant ding ding ding. And in center of dash where warning lights are the "sercurity" light comes on. Not the little red led on the radio. But the radio says "calibrate".
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Checked all fuses and relays. They good
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ok when I bought the truck a year ago it had a GPS tracing device spliced into the ignition harness and I just unplugged the device. No prob ever since my ign went bad and I replaced it and got a new pk3 key and programmed it. All was good. Then as one wires from that GPS device got pulled from the harness and the prob start.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Could you just tell me where I can find a good detailed diagram of the wire color location for the anti theft modeled Lang ign? I believe that's all I need. The module has 5 wires but the plug it goes into only has 4. I need to know the 5th wire
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

The theft deterrent module requires programming and is easiest when you start with the original unit plugged in.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

You will need a shop that has a tech2 and have it programmed. Then the keys will need to be programmed.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.