Amedee, Buick Mechanic
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

I have a 2005 buick rendezvous 3.5l awd auto. Heard a noise

Customer Question

I have a 2005 buick rendezvous 3.5l awd auto.
Heard a noise in rear brake drum .Had car checked and was told it was the rotors in the front.So both front rotors replaced, noise and spongey feeling (when applying brakes) persisted.Then was told that it was right rear wheel bearing ,so had it replaced.Spongey feeling persisted when applying the brakes.The spongey action was main reason for checking into brake function.Had all new brake shoes replaced a year and rotors are of premium not economy quality.Also checked brake fluid level (ok).Can you let me know what the problem is?
Bill Fast
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Did you still need help? Are you looking for some possible causes?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I still require your assistance ,looking for an answer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Ok no problem. One thing that we see a lot at causing this problem is bad calipers. Sometimes the top or bottom caliper pin sticks causing the caliper to bend when stepping on the brake pedal. This will cause it to flex causing excessive amount of brake pedal travel. Sometimes just replace the calipers will simply do the trick.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Also, if any of the front calipers are loose, it can and will cause the brake rotor to move and flex back and forth when stepping on the brake pedal so be sure to check that too and replace any loose wheel bearings as needed.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

If needed, you can clamp off all 4 brake lines or hoses, start the engine and check the brake pedal. If it is nice and firm, then disconnect a clamp from the brake lines one by one until the brake pedal goes back to soft as this will help you pinpoint which brake set up the problem is in.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!