Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have an '04 rendezvous that has Connector C305-itis" The

Customer Question

I have an '04 rendezvous that has Connector C305-itis"
JA: Are you fixing your Rendezvous yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The PO had tried to repair this himself. I've removed the connector and I'm splicing the wires directly.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Replaced blown fuses... I do have a wiring diagram
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think I need to be connected... for now.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Can you go into better detail on how I can help you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have wiring diagrams but they are not continuous and a little difficult to read. I will look at what I have after work and give you a detailed response. In summary for now, it's difficult to see where power is sent from on the 4 different outputs from c305.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Battery power

Sorry your post was accidentally moved to the wrong category and I could not respond. Here is a connector diagram. Which wires are you asking about?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Moose,
I actually had that diagram and found it useful. Thanks for that.
Now.. I have the Orange wire with Battery voltage on the input side of C305. (I'm getting 12V); The output side is the question. Where and how does the orange wire provide power on the output side? There's literally nothing on the other side (under the car) to provide a clue. Orange wire stops at the input on C305. Where does the orange wire split out to?

If you have power in on the orange wire from fuse 24, you should also have an orange wire out on the other side of the connector going to the EVAP canister vent solenoid.

Do you still need help on this concern?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the help so far. I'd like to keep this item open until for the time being if you don't mind. I have some more soldering to do and I just want to be sure I nail it the first time. Unfortunately I'm a (married) driveway mechanic and I may not be able to finish up until the weekend.
Bear with me...

No problem, we have till the 30th when the post times out.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris